Friday, April 13, 2012

Getting nervous

I'm getting nervous about losing out on a decent lot.  We're meeting with the site sales rep Sarah this weekend to talk about reserving a lot, putting down a deposit and getting a cost estimate.  I'm worried that if we put down a deposit to hold a lot and wait a few months to continue with deposits to start construction, they'll sell it out from under our feet and hand us our deposit back, or bump us to a lot we don't want.  As of last week there were only 18 lots left, and they sold 7 in March.  With their aggressive pricing and heavy advertising for the free morning room, I can see those lots going really fast as we get closer to summer.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. We were contingent on our lot and as it was one of the last 2 cul-de-sac lots in our community, we knew there was a good chance someone else would want it. Sure enough, a few months later, we got the news that someone else wanted the lot. We weren't in the position to lift the contingency at that time, so we moved to another lot (which was originally our first choice, but we didn't want to pay the premium on it). So, although we had to move to another lot, it ended up working out because we actually like the lot better. Just be sure you understand how the contingency program works :)